river of dreams

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bali


Finally, I experienced the beauty of Bali for myself. I went there with three female friends on September 2-6, 2007. My birthday was on 31 August, so it was like a birthday present for me, coming from myself :p

Bali is definitely beautiful. Although the heat got my skin so brown, I hardly complained. I loved walking the streets of Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak. The shops makes you wanna go in and buy something, even though you know you don't need it. But thank God, because of the size of my wallet, I think I've done a pretty good job controlling my shopaholic-wanna be instinct.

For that five days, me and my friend (Rahma) succeed watching different sunset. Day one, it's Kuta Beach. And the days after that was Jimbaran, Uluwatu (while enjoying Kecak dance), Dreamland, and Legian Beach. From all of the beach we went to, I must say Dreamland is my favourite. It's not as crowd as Kuta, the sands are so white and clean, the tide is high, and the sea is just... beautiful. A lot of tourists go there to surf.

Hmm, what else? I also experienced the thrill of riding banana boat and flew with parasailing. I went to see Tanah Lot, Bedugul, Taman Ayun, GWK, Kintamani, Nusa Dua, Ubud, Sukawati market, and other must-go places for tourists. For you who want to experienced Bali too, I think five days is the perfect amount of time to go here and there. But I recommend walking the Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak streets at night or at least after 4 pm, because the weather is much friendly and the lights from the shops and restaurants made them look much more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home